Saturday, July 2, 2011

Day Off to Play

My kids are really blessed. They have a dad who will take a day off work just to play. I had gotten a screaming deal for tickets to the Children's Museum of Phoenix. Love my deals and coupons! I asked Jason a few weeks ago to take a day off work so we could go when it was less busy. He took Friday off, as a way to kick off Eric's birthday weekend! Of course first we had to get out of the house, and believe me it played off a little like this blog. We were a half hour late.. oh well.
We got there and fun began.
Well Eric took a while to warm up. Once we found the cars and the race tracks he was in!

Brooke and I hung out in the baby zones most of the time
I swear Ipads were made for babies and toddlersBrooke and her first Prince
The play structure there is 3 1/2 stories tall and full of all sorts of interesting things. Eric was scared at first to climb. I was a mean mommy and left him behind crying until he decided it was okay to go. It was fun to watch his confidence grow as he climbed more and more things. Here we are blowing kisses to Daddy!Brooke hung out with dad where he got the cutest picture ever!
Of course at the top of the 3 1/2 story structure Eric filled his diaper. Which meant a quick trip down and lots of apologies for the smell. The employee there told me it happens all the time. LOL
Then I told Jason he had to go up the structure with Eric, it was just too much fun. I lied when I told him he'd fit up there, but I guess he did just fine!
Then Eric and Jason played with this ball blower. Where a random nice lady got sucked into the joy that is Eric and his happiness.

We didn't even make it out of the parking lot to head home before Brooke was asleep. It was an awesome day!

No comments: