Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tyler's Deal

Tyler has wanted a PlayStation 3 for ages. Jason and I feel our Wii, the play station 2 and game cube are more than enough. One day Jason made Tyler a deal. If he could save $200 towards the play station Jason will pay the difference. Jason never figured that Tyler would have the stamina to complete his goal. Now Tyler is just $90 away from accomplishing his end of the deal.

As Tyler earns money he pays his tithing first and then saves everything he can. Sometimes family sends him cash as gifts and he's been saving that too. When given a gift card, he has tried to get me to buy it off him in cash so he can save that as well. I won't, I am a mean mommy.

When Tyler has some money to be put in the his bank account I often tell him to leave it on my desk and I'll drop it off at the bank for him.

I laughed when I found this the other day


I guess I can't go buy ice cream with it. :)

3 comments:

Paige said...

Justin wishes I would give him a deal like that. Not gonna happen.

Cortney Clegg said...

Haha! He is one determined kid. Sounds like you guys are gonna have a PS3 pretty soon. :)

Jer and Cam said...

I think that's gotta be one of the most important things we can teach our kids! You are so good to make him save for it!!!