Sunday, December 5, 2010

Super Mom Moment

I don't often feel I do well as mommy. When you have a fussy baby, and little sleep it is hard to be proud.
A couple of weeks ago Tanya asked me to watch her daughter Erin, and son Nate while she went and did crafts (another thing I can't do but wish I could). I wanted to have someone for Erin to play with, so I told Katie to bring over her two. So there I was me vs. six total children.

I have a theory that one child is hard but two is easier. Let's see how six do. It was so easy I was able to do laundry and play on the internet during the visit. The most I had to do was distribute crayons and turn on a movie.


Erin and Nate also entertained Brooke for an hour. They are getting a baby sister next month, so they practiced the baby skills on Brooke. She loved the attention, and Nate and Erin would each hold her hands. Wish I could get that picture to upload!

So I will take on more kids any day. They have each other to play with and therefore are easier.

May-be things will be easier when Eric can play with Brooke. He tries so hard
to get her to take toys and play with him. I constantly find cars by her head.

Here is hoping she will even want to play with cars!

3 comments:

Katie said...

See--you can do anything! Six kids, 9 toddlers, no biggie!

Donna and Bevan said...

I remember growing up with 8 siblings and never really "playing" with my mom. We seriously just entertained eachother!

Robyn said...

We will have to test that theory with Raeli :).
I think all mom's have that "could be better at this" give yourself some credit ;) and just do the best you can (some days that means super mom but most days you just feel good that you survived)