Sunday, March 20, 2011

My "Celeberity" Encounter

I must start this blog with a confession. Well it isn't really a secret but I don't normally talk about this in daily conversation.

I LOVE WATCHING THE BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE SHOWS.

Before I get into what happened, let me say this.
1) I do not find the show romantic
2) I do not believe people have a great chance of finding love on it.

I usually laugh at the girls being so upset they are being sent home, I remember one episode where a girl got so upset they called a ambulance. Funny stuff. What can I say? Today's relativity shows are not very real, but amusing to me in many ways. At least this show isn't very real!

We spent part of spring break in Vegas. I was at the Bellagio Conservatory with the kids in the afternoon on St. Patrick's day, checking out the beautiful spring garden set up. Eric was loving the flowers and running around like crazy.

We had noticed a camera crew filming around there. T.J. asked me what it was, and I said it was possible the news was filming because they had just done the spring garden there. T.J. kept trying to get on camera at this point, but they just seemed to be doing background shots. We were headed out of there when I got pushed aside by this camera crew. I was ordered to move my stroller out of the way. I said something very intelligent like "bite me". I heard someone say, "just read the script" and noticed the camera was pointed at this girl and guy. The girls said the lines, and Eric kept running into the shot.

I told T.J. that the girl looked familiar to me. I thought, is that the girl, Ashely who came in 3rd on the Bachelor? I know she is the new Bachelorette and had started filming earlier in the week.

Na!

That can't be her. She looked different to me. I kept having this conversation in my head. Is it her, isn't it??

People in the crowd kept saying it was her. The camera crew and people left.

Then we stopped in a shop while the sales ladies went on and on about how cute Brooke was!

Then we ran into the camera crew at the pastry shop by the garden. They were holding the crowds out while filming. I asked a security woman and was informed they were filming for the news in there. However the crowd around knew it was The Bachelorette. I couldn't get any good pictures of the filming, so I gave T.J. the camera and told him who to get. This is what a wiry 11 year old can do.. Nice job T.J.!
I tried in vein to get Eric to "accidentally" run into the shop, so they had to let me in. No such luck, he was happy at the chocolate fountain.
Then they walked out and headed for a table in the hallway. Here they sat down with take out container to eat lunch. I noticed Ashley was eating a wrap, a red bull, and producers were eating her fries. The poor woman was eating lunch with her date with six producers standing in a semi circle around them. Again I sent T.J. in for the shots. I love the look of death this female producer Cassie gave T.J.
The date left, and I noticed poor Ashley while trying to eat was being prodded with questions from the producers. I kept telling T.J. to get the photos he could because I know of this reality blogger Steve who for two years has been getting spoilers for the show and writing them on his blog www.realitysteve.com. I told T.J. I could get his photos on the blog. When I told him that this blog had 1/2 million readers, he was excited.

At this point one of the producers rudely said to T.J. "aren't you done yet?" I let T.J. know he was fine and this just encouraged me to continue.

When the date returned, some people in the crowd stopped him for a picture. I picked up Brooke and asked him to pose with my baby, but he got yelled at by a producer and kindly told me he'd like too, but they won't let him. I tried a "comeon... she's so cute" but it didn't work.

T.J snapped a couple more photos

Hey Cassie, are you eating Ashley's fries? Really?
Then we parted ways. 1 because I was bored with it and 2 it is hard to stalk with a baby, a toddler and a double stroller.

So to this show who is pissed off I got these photos
1) Don't call yourself reality when you give your star a written script
2) Don't expect the show to be kept a secret when you film in the afternoon on St Patrick's day, during spring break, during March Madness, in the middle of the afternoon
3) Don't shove a mother with her babies out of your way, I wouldn't have figured it out if you hadn't

I love that I had the photos to Reality Steve in hours!

PS I wouldn't normally follow someone around taking their pictures, had they not been filming at the time.

PSS look for Eric's blurred face and orange shirt during the show on Ashley's one on one Vegas date!

3 comments:

Jer and Cam said...

Cool story, Jeanne! And TJ is pretty darn good with that camera. I know a few bachelor fans who are gonna love reading your blog....

Tanya C. said...

really fun read. sounds like u had a good stalking time!

Cortney Clegg said...

Holy crap that's awesome!!