Today she had her final evaluation. They sent me her original pictures. Here was her uneven head

Here is the head after.
Six and half weeks later, she now has even sides of her head. It was a lot of work, lots of trips to Primary Childrens Hospital. Lots of rock chips in my windshield from the 51 freeway. Lots of time scrubbing the band, and giving her special baths. She looks great.
Here she is with her main tech Kelly, with her graduation certificate

All day I keep looking at her like something is missing. I'll need to get used to bandless Brooke, but I like it.
They sent us home with the creepy faceless baby mold of her head. It is amazing the difference.

I am so glad to be done, and hoping she will be less fussy now that she isn't in her band. It feels better to cuddle her without it.
3 comments:
Yay Brooke! I bet she must feel pretty good to be sans helmet. :)
Beautiful :)
I wonder if Owen should have had a helmet? His head looks like the first picture... He certainly doesn't have Brooke's beautiful new shape!
Post a Comment