Thursday, September 22, 2011

Happiest Pre Schooler in the World?

When people ask me how Eric likes pre-school, I use the phrase that he's the happiest pre-schooler in the world. How could I not? He seems to enjoy it so much. Look at the evidence:

1) Whatever he's doing, when I tell him the bus is here he throws whatever toy he has out of the way and heads to the front door
2) He will put shoes on my feet so I can walk him to the bus
3) When he sees his bus coming down the street he jumps up and yells "look"
4) He knows he has to hold my hand walking to the bus, but he drags me as he runs as fast as he can pulling me behind him.
5) He has no need to say good-be, or hug, or kiss, or fist bump me when he gets on the bus
6) He has come home with SUPERSTAR ratings every day of pre-school
7) Because of his superstar status he has come home with a new toy each week

and the evidence that I happened on today
I was driving by his school just as his bus was getting there to deliver him. I was running early so I stopped and from a safe distance decided to watch and see how he was getting off the bus and walking to class. I watched him act just like he would at his favorite rides at Disneyland. He was jumping up and down and dancing in place waiting in line. If you haven't seen Eric's happy dance, it is awesome. He's like a football star in the endzone after a TD

Then Eric's school picture came. I have to say he doesn't look happy.

We can tell by his eyes he was crying just before this and was just getting over being scared.
To his defense I would like to point out
-It was the first day of the second week or school and he had no idea what was going on.
-He hasn't done formal portraits before. So he didn't know what was going on.
-Having a last name beginning with B would mean he was one of the if not the first to go, since they did the pre-schoolers first.

I am just annoyed that they took his photo with him like this.

yes we are doing retakes!
Despite the sad picture, he's really is happy to go to school!

No comments: