Thursday, February 2, 2012

What a Cute Boy?

I had a little annoyance today. While out shopping and getting new tires I had FOUR, 4 different people comment on what a cute boy Brooke is. You know my daughter.

Here is what she was dressed like today

Please tell me the most masculine part of her outfit.

Is it the pink horsey binky?
The hearts on her shirt?
The bracelet?
The ballet flats with ruffles?

The problem I have determined is that I a) dressed her in blue b) she still doesn't have long hair.

What is sad is I have had her in all pink, with a bow in her hair and people have still said she looked like a boy.

People really should not be gender specific or look for the clues.

Oh well, at least Eric never looked like a girl

2 comments:

Donna and Bevan said...

I feel Brooke's pain. I usually get called "sir" several times every ski season. Without the PINK (beanie), people just assume... and it drives me nuts!

Cortney Clegg said...

Ugh. This bugs me. When my son is wearing a blue sleeper, draped in a blue blanket with balls on it, WHY WOULD YOU CALL HIM A GIRL?! This happened to me twice at church last week. Pay attention people!!