So why call the baby Dash? It is a collection of a few factors. First, I got into trouble at work for referring to my baby as "feetie" short for fetus. I KNOW! Some people! What's the big deal? I guess any reference to fetus is offensive. Geez, those stagecoach people are SO sensitive, good thing they no longer carry shotguns on stages across the country!
Then comes in my doctor's appointment at 17 weeks. When Dr. M took the ultrasound to show me "feetie" again, the baby was running in place super fast. I was shocked, that a small fetus like that could move so fast. Dr. M said, "He's trying to dash right out of you." Opps Dr, I think you spilled the gender beans there. So I came home, told the story and starting calling "feetie" Dash instead.
The final factor is Jason the Disney fan, is also a fan of The Incredibles movie. So much so he has a Mr. Incredible doll in his office at home. I am sorry, I am told this is actually an "action figure" not a doll. Why would a grown man have a doll? You tell me. See right hand side page for poll

This is a picture of Jason's doll, I mean action figure.
Jason would like to think he is Mr. Incredible, wishes I were Flexigirl and that our children had super powers. Well may-be one day.
I'd post an ultrasound picture here, but Dash is ALWAYS moving, so they really haven't turned out well since I was 13 weeks along. However if we ever catch him napping, I'll share.
No comments:
Post a Comment