Friday, February 13, 2009

How Could Anyone Resist This Face?



Well someone did!

Every year at Valentine's Day I ask Tyler if he wants to get something special for the little girlfriends in his life. He's always had girlfriends... meaning girls who are friends. Every year of his life since he was 3 he has also had a special crush on one of them. There was Bridgette, Tabitha (she got two whole years), Alyssa, and Allison. Every year he would say no, he didn't want to get something for the special girl.

This year, he wanted to get something for Jessica. I said sure and gave him a price point to stick with. He picked out this red teddy bear with "Be Mine" written on it. He wanted to give it to Jessica this year.

So Thursday we went off to school with his special gift. Then I started to wonder, will she turn it down? Will he get teased? Was he going to get hurt, or worse, would this start something I am NOT ready for?

I was there for a class party, when he tried to give it to her after school. She shook her head. Poor Tyler looked so dejected. I felt bad. Then it occurred to me, that she might be embarrassed to get that in front of her friends. I should have told him to bring it to her house instead. DUH.

I told Tyler to let it go, that if she is too dumb to not appreciate it who needs her. He's taking it well, better than I have been. Of course I am more wondering what the next 10 years will be provide in puppy love moments like this. One of my friends said, don't worry, remember how you were at the age......

That is when I full on panic!

No comments: