Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tucson

I had been suffering the baby blahs as I like to call it. Not really blue, just blah! Tired of the same old stuff day in and day out. Jason booked a weekend in Tucson. He booked it before we learned the Cardinals would be in the Super Bowl, however it made for very few tourist out, so very few people!

We drove down to Tucson on a Friday night after Jason got home from work. We had a very nice room at the Hyatt down there.

The first morning we went to the Titan Missile Museum. Sorry no pictures, I was carrying Eric the whole time. Jason took video of the the tour (which he hasn't shared with me yet, yea, that's my excuse for taking a month to blog this, yea). Tyler got to "turn the key" It was very interesting to see how the security worked, what the protocol was, and what a missile and the underground silo look like.

Then we headed over to the Pima Air & Space Museum. They had several planes to check out. This was my favorite of the whole trip. They had acres and acres of planes in the "bone yard" There was a kids interactive area. We got to go on a former "Air Force One" plane used by Kennedy and Johnson. This was a smaller plane used for trips home or to smaller airports. Is that a future President I see on Air Force One?

There were many famous planes, helicopters, space exploration items, and other points of interest.

The next day we went to Old Tucson, a former movie set, now theme attraction. Tyler went nuts to drive the antique car ride, so I swear we spent two hours just letting him do that.

Eric didn't seem too into it

Tyler panned for gold. We put the boys in jail


Again the highlight didn't get caught on film. We went to a stunt show there, and they wanted a volunteer. Tyler jumped in the air trying to get picked, but the guy announced you have to be 18 years old. So Tyler started pointing to his dad. They picked Jason to be used in the show. I had to nurse the baby at this time and couldn't operate the camera. Jason was given lines, had some stunt hits to make, and he even had to pin a guy! Poor guy!

Then it was back to the antique cars... wait what do these have to do with the old west anyway?


Being dead tiredwe headed home.

Oh and for those who don't think I do my hair... check out what it looks like when it's not really done.

No comments: