Monday, March 30, 2009

Baby Toys are for Suckers

I am the biggest sucker of them all. While pregnant with Eric I bought a ton of baby toys. We had none and I over estimated what a baby plays with...by a lot. Then I forgot about all the grandparents and the toys that would come from them. What really makes me a sucker, is not the sheer number of toys we have for Eric, but the fact that it isn't what he really likes to play with. Eric mostly plays with:

Electrical cords.. he unplugs things and cords are great for chewing
My purse..think he knows there is money in there?
My keys.. yes we bought the realistic toys keys, but mine are better for some reason
Cardboard tubes.. paper towel wrapping paper
Our Wii the controllers are fun to wave around.
His favorite teething toys are the edges of tables, not the clean ones at home but mostly random restaurant ones, or hotel room ones.
Live animals.. .usually my mom's dogs, but I love this picture.
Pens... wish we could find this one
paper.. any kind of paper
Tyler's glasses... have had many adjustments done.
The old wireless antenna from my computer.
My necklace.

However a few toys have been worth it, the big ticket items. The walker Great Grandma Boulware got him has been for him. Not for my feet, because he rams me with it. I feel like a matador trying to avoid the bull.

We could not have a peaceful dinner without the baby swing.

However the most expensive purchase of all, the excersaucer Jason mocked me for buying. It took him forty minutes to assemble and took several batteries. He told me it would over stimulate the baby. We call it the "Over Stimulation Chamber". Well Eric loves it. Has spent up to two hours at a time in it. He really moves it around and it makes all sorts of annoying noises.
As you can see, it did it's job yesterday.



So to any new mommies out there. Just get the big ticket items and don't worry about the rest. Just get some sanitizer watch what they play with.

1 comment:

Jer and Cam said...

These are the best pictures! I love how he played so hard he exhausted himself.
I couldn't agree more with your post. Baby toys are highly overrated. Except of course the Exersaucer. That one is priceless!