Sunday, March 29, 2009

Vegas Fever

Well spring break was interesting this year. Tyler's mom didn't ask for him this year so we got to take a family vacation, sort of.

First Jason and I took a "preparedness" course and left the boys with our friends. I was not prepared to be away from my baby. I was miserable. The class was a total waste on me. We left on a Thursday with the plan for me to fly back Tuesday morning, pick up the boys and have them join us in Vegas.

Then I got word from my friend that Eric had stopped drinking fluids, she was concerned about dehydration. He was still producing wet diapers, but something was wrong. I took a quick flight back home to pick up my baby. He just needed mommy and did better almost immediately.

Then Tyler, Eric, and I took the planned flight back to Vegas on Tuesday. Eric was teething his first tooth, with another starting, plus it was his first plane ride. I was very nervous how he'd do. He was perfect and everyone on the plane loved him. Tyler got a tour of the cockpit.

Jason's sister and brother-in-law, Kim and Greg hung with us in Vegas for a few hours so they could see the boys, and then left. We were exhausted and spent the rest of the day chilling and setting up house in the hotel.

We took a tour of the neon bone yard on Wednesday. Being the Vegas junkie, I loved it. The old Stardust sign was amazing to see in person. It was once the largest sign in the world. It was in so many pieces and took about 1/3 of the whole space in the boneyard We got to see the sign that was danced on, in the Vegas Vacation movie.

Tyler at the Luxor where Criss Angel stuck a card in the door.

Criss' Custom Hummer


Thursday Jason did take Tyler to the Imperial Palace Car Museum. We also went to M&M World and Coke World. We drove the strip several times where I taught Tyler about the different hotels. He didn't really remember them from his last trip.

Then Eric seemed to not being doing well again. So Jason and I took shifts entertaining Tyler in Vegas while the other stayed with the baby.

Friday morning, Eric seemed worse, crying a lot (for him) and tugging on his ear. I could tell he had a fever so Jason took him to a local children hospital where we learned he had an ear infection. Tyler entertained himself at the hotel with me.


That night Jason took Tyler to the Adventure Dome while I stayed at the hotel with sick baby. Also Jason's sister Kacy and her friend Megan were driving down from Utah to join us.

Saturday morning, now Jason had the fever and was miserable. Kacy and Megan entertained Tyler while I cared for my sick boys. The girls took him to Shark Reef. Then later I took Tyler out to see a few of the free sights, like the Bellagio, the Rio, and more.

As you can see Eric was teething and the coffee table at the hotel was much comfort to him.

After ten days on the road, and a sick hubby and baby, I was thrilled to go home. Tyler wanted to stay, but we found no one to take him for us.

No comments: