I was nervous about how Eric would handle such a long road trip, forgetting that he is fascinated with the doggies and as long as he could see one he was content.
However first we got caught in wind so strong that sand came into the car, then we were in snow that had us down to 20 mph. Larry is not a great wind or snow car. Luckily by the time we got about 140 miles from Provo, the roads cleared and we kept going. 100 miles out, I could see the light of almost getting there..
but...
then....
Larry quit. First he started jerking, then didn't respond to the gas peddle. Then I had to manually steer him to the side of the road. Dead as could be. Well a call to AAA later and some time a tow truck showed up to take Larry to my mom's mechanic in Provo. We got dropped off at a Chevron/Arby's with the baby and two dogs in Fillmore Utah.
The dogs couldn't go into the restaurant. After spending a half hour standing outside with them my mom and I traded shifts. She got to play with the baby inside. I stayed outside with them for hour and half while it snowed. Fun times. I had the warmest jacket, plus I didn't want to make my mom do that.
Then my Uncle Reed came to the rescue in his 84 Buick. I got us back home driving his car all safe and warm, thank goodness.
The next day I was able to see my sister-in-law Kacy and my old high school friends Melissa and Marci. It was amazing to see all their the kids!
The main purpose of my trip, outside of getting mom safely to Utah, was to meet my niece Kyra. Or Wendy Jr, as I like to call her.
My sister Melanie holding Kyra while Eric got into her purse
Well another flight back to Phoenix and I was done. I really want to thank the couple who sat next to me on the plane. They helped handle Eric while he was full of energy. He sat with the gentleman while landing, just staring out the window at all the lights. It was great to be picked up by Jason and Tyler and taken home.
Oh and it only cost $40 to fix Larry. A clip holding the alternator failed and the alternator slipped. So simple I could cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment