
I am still recovering from four days of Scout day camp. I am co-leader of Tyler's Bear Den and Jason is co-leader of the Weblos group. We each had to help out with various activities. This meant for some long days for me, worse with a baby. We combined our camp with another troop, which added to the challenge.
It is SO fun to be outdoors in 98+ weather in Phoenix. Our poor boys seemed like they were going to melt. I think I did melt.
Some highlights, the boys did:
Various races and field games
Tennis
Golf
Rock Art Museum
Bowling
Flag Football
Equestrian
GPS
Hike
Service Project
As a leader some of my highlights:
Leading the boys around on a horse in 97 degree weather

Yelling at boys
Breaking up a fist fight (from the other troop, proudly our boys were great)
Bossing around the boys
Trying to feed baby while yelling at boys
Scaring the boys about being kicked by a horse
Making judgment calls at "steal the bacon" that the boys hated
We did part of one day at our local church house, I was in charge of making sure the boys washed hands before lunch. To speed up I told the boys to use the ladies room as well. This brought on a flood of interesting questions.
"How do you pee without a urinal?"
"Why do you have chairs?"
I changed the subject on the urinal one, but was able to explain babies and nursing for the chairs. I am so glad they didn't notice the "vending" machine. I would have died if I had to answer any questions about those.
At the end I enjoyed our pack meeting and watching Tyler get a bag full of awards. Thank goodness it's over.
No comments:
Post a Comment