
I got the news that one of my first babies, Buck, died today. I bought him in 1991 from my friend Chris Theodosis. I was a senior in high school and I feel in love with Buck from first ride.
Buck had been my loyal lap dog of a horse for many years. He moved with me to college, down to AZ, and even when I got married. He was the first horse Tyler ever rode (and fell off, with Ty in tears I shoved back on that horse).
I put him up for adoption three years ago, because I wasn't riding him much. With working and raising Tyler, Buck had just slid down the priority list. We also planned to have children and I felt it wouldn't be fair to Buck to stand around. I tearfully said good-bye. It was very hard, but I had to do the right thing for him.
Even though I haven't seen him since the adoption, Kathy who brokered his adoption, kept me updated with how he was doing. He was given a great home and had a very nice life up until the end. I am told he passed away peacefully of old age. He was nearly 30 years old. (his exact age was not known)
Despite the three years of absence, this loss has hit me hard. I have always loved animals, and I always referred to Buck as my first baby. Anyone who knew me, knew I loved this guy.
To Buck in heaven, I love you. I am sorry I wasn't there to say good-bye. I always planned on teaching my children how to ride on you, I am sorry Tyler was the only one. Take care of Diamond, and despite what my dad might say, he likes horses ;).
No comments:
Post a Comment