Apologizing has been a hot topic around the house last couple of days. Thanks to Kanye West. Jason and I have never been a fan of the man who samples music from others, and calls himself the next greatest thing. But Sunday at the VMA (Video Music Awards) he showed himself again. Here is the video if you haven't seen it.
We have been trying to teach Tyler how to make a proper apology to someone. It's an important skill. So few lack the ability to make apologies in what we feel is the proper way. We have been teaching Tyler that you look someone in the eye, say you are sorry, and what you did wrong, then the most important thing comes last. Try not to ever do it again. Sadly most people I know, just ignore the problem and never apologize at all.
I read Kanye's blog apologies that were written. The first again talked about how someone else should have won. The second was a little better. I remember thinking, I wonder if he called her, spoken to Taylor Swift in person. That is a real apology. Tuesday I saw a Taylor Swift interview, where she confirmed what I suspected, that she personally had not heard from Kanye. I understand minutes after her interview, he called her. Now that's more like it. I understand Taylor graciously accepted.
Now Kanye, you should apologize to the music video fans, you know the ones who voted for the winner at the awards show! That is the other thing, you should apologize to all the proper people.
My apologizes if this blog sounds preachy. I'll try to never do it again! :)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment