Monday, March 29, 2010

I am a LOUSY patient

After getting back from Utah, I started to feel cramps. After three days of not feeling any better, more like worse, I got in to see Dr. M. The conversation went something like an episode of Seinfeld.

"You look stressed"
"I feel stressed"
"Well you look it"

Driving my mom, her smelly dog, and Eric to Utah was a task. Being five months pregnant while doing it didn't help. The fact that when I met up with my mom and she was in so much pain she couldn't stand upright also did not help. However, we made it just fine, and her car didn't break down this time!

There have been other stresses in my life. Our custom made furniture order has been a nightmare! I am not sure why the furniture arrived ORANGE! There are other family stresses I won't get into either.

Dr. M. told me I had taken too much on. Bed rest for two weeks. Lots of water, no stress, no lifting, no shopping, not realistic! I reminded him that I have two growing boys at home. He told me to do my best. He gave me a shot of something that is suppose to convince the baby not to start me in full labor and off to home.

Well after he asked if I wanted to find out the gender....

Yea! but, we had an appointment in two days to find out as a family so I waited.

So I called Jason give him the news. Bed rest for two weeks, I am not suppose to lift Eric, or stress, or do much around the house. He tells me to drink water.

First couple of days were AWESOME! Reading, watching TV, chilling on the internet.

Then the stress started finding me!

The furniture came back with a ugly dull brown color! Ugh! Seriously we picked a color from their samples, is it SO hard?

Going to the appointment to find the baby gender, the van wouldn't start! What's that I hear? The sound of the local Mobil One manager Brian coming to try a jump start, and if that didn't work, the owner Mike was loaning me his personal car! Wow! Luckily the van started up fine, battery just died while I was in Utah.

The next day my disposal clogged and flooded the dishwasher.

Yea, avoiding stress doc!

I was also to the point where I COULDN'T TAKE LAYING IN BED ANYMORE! A few days great, but I have stuff to do.

So against Dr's orders I have been out and about. I haven't been myself, as anyone who knows me can tell. I mean I just sit there and I am quiet, not myself at all!

Today I woke up and felt awesome! I don't even feel like there is an issue. I can feel lil princess move in me, but no cramps or issues. However I am doing my best to avoid stress!

But still I am a lousy patient, I should be in bed!

4 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

Glad you're feeling better- but DO NOT take that as a sign to resume your normal busy life. :) I am speaking from personal experience! I know that stress finds you- I was laughing about the furniture fiasco.
Hang in there. If you get bored in bed- call/text me! :) We can have fun!
new # though- email me and I'll give it to ya'!

Jer and Cam said...

Come to park day tomorrow, Jeanne....We'll relax and watch the kids run wild. No stress! If you can't make it, I would be happy to come and get Eric. Let me know!

Family of Disney said...

Cam, I plan on coming tomorrow.

Sarah said...

So glad you are feeling better, but don't over do. And Congrats on a little GiRL - they are the BeSt! I'm with Courtney the furniture story, while I'm sure not at all funny to you, made me laugh :).