Friday, April 23, 2010

T.J. Has a Heart

At the last Cub Scout pack meeting, T.J. was awarded a whole bunch of pins and belt loops. He has worked really hard on his scouting the last couple of months. We are such proud parents. He was also awarded his Webelos patch. It is a real joy to see him work hard and be proud of his achievements. His Arrow of Light is next!

Of course I had to go up and get the Mother's pin for it,ah so much easier to sit when your preggers. I know have four Mother's Pins! Also last year I got a two year service award pin. I was T.J. scout assistant leader for his first two years, and Jason is the assistant leader in his Webelos year. I hope he will continue his interest in scouts even if we aren't his leaders.

I had to take T.J. to the hospital yesterday. His doctor ordered an EKG because of chest pains he was complaining about. Since heart rate issues can be a side effect of his medication, they wanted to be certain everything was okay.

I must say I was very nervous all day waiting to take him for his test. I figured everything was okay, but with my past with my dad's health, I don't see going to the hospital a good experience. It didn't help that the room they put him in, reminded me of the room where my Father-in-law was pronounced dead. Trying not to panic!

However I just kept a casual face going, and acting calm around T.J. I just told him they were checking to see if he had a heart. "well duh mom, I wouldn't be alive if I didn't have a heart." Bless him for making me laugh.

So the tech put all those electrode stickers on him and then started to attach cables. I went to get my camera out to take a picture of it, when the tech announced, ALL DONE! What? That was it? This is what I was nervous about all day? Darn, I missed a funny picture!

I feel better because the tech called his results "normal" the test results will still be reviewed by a pediatric cardiologist and given to our regular doctor. However all I wanted to hear was normal.

So it was declared he has a heart, but we already knew that. Duh he wouldn't be alive!

No comments: