Thursday, December 11, 2008

Hiding Christmas Gifts

I have become a depository for a couple of friends to hide Christmas gifts this year. I am lucky Tyler has never been a hunter for gifts, I can put stuff in my closet and he will stay away. He is very unusual that way. He also has never woken us up early to open gifts. Isn't that amazing? One Christmas he waited until 2pm!

When it comes to hiding gifts, I don't know why my friend just don't do what my mom did to hide presents. For years my sisters, Melanie and Wendy would tease, "I can't believe you haven't found where mom hides them yet." That is what sucks about sisters 12 and 8 years older, they know more!

I spent most of my childhood Decembers prior to Christmas trying to hunt down this hiding spot. I searched, my parents' closets, their bathroom and walk in closet, the coat closets downstairs, the basement, the attic, under my parents' bed, I looked in car trunks, the garage, I checked my sisters' rooms, I searched the office, laundry room, family room. I even asked our friends and neighbors and did some searching around their houses. Never found one gift for me.

My lovely supportive sisters would never tell me where they were, they just laughed at me.

When I "found" the spot it was by accident. I was playing with my friend Diana while sitting on the bed. The toy I was playing with fell and I reached down to get it. That is when my eye beheld the Barbie mother load.

Yes, my mom had hidden my own Christmas presents under my bed! How embarrassing! When I asked her why, her response was, "I knew you'd never look there"

So to all of you who need to find a place to hide those gifts... try under their own bed. It worked on me for 11 years! Yes I am that dumb, good one mom!

No comments: