Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Blessings of 2008

I wanted to make a list of my blessings in the year 2008. This is beyond what I have already had, like Jason, Tyler, The Lord, my faith, and other family. Just a year in review for what I have been blessed with. In no praticular order.. sort of. Sorry some are shallow, no one said blessings all had to be deep!

1) Eric. That my baby was born happy, healthy, and loving.
2) Dr M. who delivered Eric. When the complications started he kept me calm. He fought for a normal delivery when many others were telling him I needed a c-section. He is an inspired man.
3) Greg, my sister-in-laws husband. Does that make him my brother-in-law-in-law? He and Kim got married this year, so he's officially with us now.
4) That I could leave my job to stay home with my boys.
5) That I was able to leave my job just in time, to keep someone there from getting laid off. Made it easier.
6) That Jason's job stays steady. The company keeps growing.
7) Babies all over. Jason's step brother Jason is expecting a boy in January, my sister Wendy is expecting a girl in January too. Jason's step sister Tiffany had a girl earlier in the year. Eric has so many cousins his age!
8) My van, Sarah. I feel like such a mom. That Kacy is blessed with my old truck that runs better for her than it did me.
9) That we could take our annual trip to Disneyland
10) That we had lots of family turn out for Eric's Blessing. The Forsberg cousins ROCK!
11) That Jack and Carol could come visit us, and little Eric.
12) That I have enough friends, family, and co workers for four baby showers. It is nice to feel loved, and baby stuff is really expensive!
13) Jamiee, Anne, and my cousin Tina who loaded me up with free baby gear!
14) My friend, neighbor and fellow babysitting mooch Alicia since she has three kids, I have just followed whatever she tells me to do with Eric. Like her kids, he's still alive, so she has it right. Sorry for the 20 phone calls per day.
15) That Jason rented a Ford Mustang one weekend just for Tyler. He still talks about it.
16) That we got new furniture for Tyler's room and the family room, yes Ashley I still need to post pictures!
17) That Tyler made honor roll at school.
18) That two out of three of our white trash neighbors moved away.. one to go.
19) That Eric likes it when I sing, I dread when like Tyler he asks me to stop.
20) That Jason was able to save his company more than his annual salary in the IT budget. Nothing like saying... look I just paid for myself to work here.
21) That my mom's hip surgery went super this year. She's becoming more bionic each year.
22) Facebook, I love facebook
23) That Kacy got into the accounting program at BYU. She was with me when she got the news. She squealed so loud, I almost called 911.
24) That I only gained 16 pounds with my pregnancy. I am big enough naturally!


I encourage you to write down your blessings for the year. It's a nice way to start a new year off.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

It was fun seeing you guys last night! We'll have to do it again soon.

Jer and Cam said...

What a great idea to list all that you're grateful for. I loved reading about all the things you have enjoyed this past year!

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great year!! What a fun way to start the year.