Thursday, May 21, 2009

Car Camp?

A couple of months ago I was planning Tyler's summer with us. He hasn't spent a large part of the summer with us for a few years, so I was a little concerned what to plan for him. I asked him about various camps he may want to attend. This is an actual conversation we had.

Tyler what kind of camps do you want try this summer?

Car Camp.

What is car camp?

(Said in a very valley girl, can't believe you don't know what I am talking about voice)
A camp, where they take you, to car dealers, to look at cars.

Umm Tyler, I don't think that kind of summer camp exists.

Why not?

To give Tyler a chance, I took him today on his last day of school to the nearest Ford and Toyota dealers so he could look around. The guys at Ford didn't get what we were doing. The Toyota guys totally got it and were happy to answer questions. Both dealers were willing to give me the best deal they could offer on a car..nice try.


Eric was happy to come along, but mostly he thought the Mustang was a giant teething toy.
Upon hearing I blogged this story, Tyler informed me I ruined his life. I told him we will get him a new one later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm car shopping...maybe I should bring Tyler!