Okay if you haven't watched Mary Poppins then the little song that goes through my head when I say that post title, will mean nothing to you.
I should have known before Eric was born that he'd love water. Whenever I didn't drink at least a gallon a day while pregnant, he'd let me know by kicking harder. During his complicated birthday Dr M. helped raise Eric's heart rate by putting saline in me after my water broke. Every time he did that, Eric would swirl and move around like he was at a party.
Eric is also destined to love water because his dad is a swimmer. I bet you didn't know under all that was a body of swimmer! Jason competed is swimming for many years and still loves it. I know some of you will point out I am a scuba diver, but remember, I learned to scuba because I was so bad at swimming I need a tank of air on my back.
Let me get back to baths. This is my favorite time with Eric. I know when he's a snotty, say 9 year old boy, I'll look back at my happy memories and so many of them will be him in the tub.
Eric adores baths. He likes to get on all fours and eat the bubbles. He splashes so hard, I usually get soaked. He loves to sit under the running tap and let the water run down his back. He adores chasing the water down the drain, and watching drips come from the tap.
Giving Eric a bath is more entertaining than any TV show and more special than any movie.
Oh and he seems to love being naked, whenever stripped of his clothing he laughs and gets excited... should I worry now?
No comments:
Post a Comment