Monday, May 3, 2010

Looks Like Mommy, Behaves Like Daddy

If you have spent any time around Eric people typically say two things about him.

1) He looks just like his mom. From the day he was born you could see the resemblance in our faces. For one he got my dark brown eyes. Honestly most of his features in his face look like me. Strangers that run across us often comment on it.

To compare here are our birth photos
Eric's

Mine

Almost twins! Expect he's edging me out in cuteness!

First Birthday
Eric's


Mine


So I guess it is hard to deny that he looks like me. No one comments on his resemblance to Jason. But........................ people will say

2) He behaves like his daddy. From the moment he was born, he's had a special connection with Jason. There are times when NO ONE else will do but Daddy. He can and will spend hours hanging out with his Dad. Eric runs to Daddy when he comes home from work. If something has a set place Eric will put it away like Daddy. Everything should be just "so" like Dad likes. I can not leave a cabinet or closet door open, Eric must close it. Just like his dad. Jason's sister Kim, even joked that he has OCD like his dad. Eric will mimic every behavior of his dad's he can! For example, waiting for us to put our shoes on, Jason just stood waiting. As soon as Eric's shoes were on, look at what he ran over and did:


So it is Eric's lot in life to look like Mom and behave like Dad. Jason and I are very happy with this, because he will be smoking hot like mom (yes I am laughing at this), but will be organized, calm, and trustworthy like his dad (no I am not laughing at that).

Here is hoping he got the best qualities of both parents.

3 comments:

Cortney Clegg said...

aaww! cute! It IS uncanny how much you and Eric look alike.

Anonymous said...

My little buddy gets cuter every day. I miss him!

Jer and Cam said...

Love the comparisons. That picture of the 2 of them standing in the same pose is priceless!

And you know you are one foxy mama, so way to go Eric!!!