Saturday, May 29, 2010

Do I have a Sign that Says Touch Me?

What is it about being pregnant that strangers or friends think they can just touch you? Here is a recent picture of my baby bump. No where do I see a sign on it that says touch me.
However through both my pregnancies I have felt molested by people who feel it is perfectly acceptable to just reach out and touch! I am not against people I know touching the baby bump when I am asked.

The other day an older lady just walked up to me and started feeling around. When I say around, I mean AROUND. I am not fond of the lower parts of the baby bump being touched. I didn't know this lady's name, and I have no memory of meeting her before. She was just excited and started feeling around. While I appreciate the enthusiasm people have for seeing a mommy to be, this is too much. The lady nearly died when I told her I was just fat. Wish I had a picture of her face. See I don't like telling strangers I am pregnant. It is just not a conversation I want to start. May-be it is because some people will just touch you?

When I am not pregnant I have not had much issue with random people touching me, so why does this baby bump make it okay? I think the next person who touches me without asking may lose that very hand.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

hahaha...hahaha...Oh my heck that is sooooo funny :) hahahaha

Jer and Cam said...

Wish I could have been there to witness that firsthand. Hilarious!