Friday, November 19, 2010

In Honor of Carol J.

12/15/1923- 11/19/2010
Today, Jason's paternal grandmother died. It was just short of 87 years. We knew she was going and in previous conversations with her, she was very much at peace with ending this life and going onto the next.

I first met Carol on my honeymoon. We visited her for a couple of days. She and I have been tight since. It has been eight lovely years I have known her.

We were going to spend Thanksgiving with her this year, so she could meet Brooke. I am glad that is her last thoughts of us, looking forward to seeing this baby. I am just sorry she didn't get that chance.

I am really missing her. We talked for hours about the kids, her advice was invaluable!

Here are a couple of picture of Carol we have from her visit with us after Eric was born.
How could you not love a lady who would ride on a motorcycle!

1 comment:

Katie said...

She's a beautiful lady. What a gift to have had her in your life. I'm pretty sure she'll be sneaking some peaks at Brooke!