Monday, November 15, 2010

Ronald Reagan Museum


During our Disneyland trip we took one of the rainy days to drive out to Simi Valley to see the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. This something I have wanted to do for a while. I love Presidential Libraries. I also wanted to remember what seemed like an easier time in life, the 80's.

Based on the reactions from my kids Brooke will be a Democrat. She cried through most of the museum. Eric is going to be Republican he was all smiles.
We just adored this picture from the gift shop

T.J. was sold on the trip because we got to see Air Force One
T.J. also loved this replica White House that they keep updated to how each President has it decorated

We got to touch an actual piece of the Berlin Wall.

Other highlights were the fighter jet, Presidential gifts received, the suit he wore when he was shot, the oval office as he had it. Also Jelly Bellies.:)

I want to go back when they have finished building the rest of the Museum. Which will be done in honor of the 100th anniversary of his birthday, next year.

Family Trivia, Jason's Paternal Grandmother Carol, worked under Ronald Reagan during his tenure as Governor of California. She worked in the capital there for many years. She tells us he was the nicest guy and she found him to be honorable. This made our visit seem more personal.

1 comment:

russandkatie said...

I have 1 spot open in my Wed 10:30 class if you want to make the drive and bring Eric!