Now starts the array of mixed emotions I go through. Most of my friends do not have a mixed family situation so I thought I'd share what has gone through my head. Those of you who have, totally get what I mean.
The Happy Feelings
1) It is awesome for him to see his mom, his sister, his brothers, his grandparents, and cousins in CA. Family is important, even them!
2) The "he's gone" feeling. We all know it is nice to take a break from your kids, especially pre-teens. I do enjoy the break from the 11 year old drama.
3) My pace is slower. It is hard to entertain an 11 year old, 2 year old and a baby. The age spread just makes it harder, not undoable or not worth it, but harder
4) Love life. Let's just say it is nicer when no one is around to ask questions about the noise he heard last night ;)
The Jealousy
1) I am jealous of Anna that she gets to the summer fun projects and outings with him
2) Yeah she gets to be the fun parent who doesn't have to do deal with school, Dr and Dentist visiting, the orthodontist, the optometrist, and the various other upkeep's you have to do.
3) She gets to be the "real" mom...
The Sadness
1) I still cry every time he goes. He can be annoying but he's still my sweet little angel who loves me, and I love him
2) Eric and Brooke miss him too, Eric who seldom talks still points at his room and yells "T.J."
3) There is always something cool Jason and I wish we could do with him, but he's gone during that that.
4) He usually misses my birthday, Father's day, Eric's birthday. BOOO!
The Shallow Parts
1) T.J. is just a handy kid to have around. There are many things he does to help and blogged about it here a couple of years ago.
2) There is a lot less talking and noise around this house during the day. As I have mentioned, Eric doesn't speak much, so things can be very quiet around the house.
3) Cheaper, less groceries, less entertainment to pay for.
The Annoying Concerns
1) While T.J. is gone I worry about his well being, the fact that he doesn't take his meds while in CA.
2) I am a control freak and it is hard to let someone else take over and not be able to tell them what to do with my kid. This practically causes me to shake!
3) It BUGS me that he never reads real books while in CA, he often forgets to brush his teeth, and seldom showers. Control freak convulsions are starting...
4) Anna gives him freedoms to do things I am not ready to let him do... no folks I am not having a seizure, it is just my control freak side.
Below are the pictures I took of him before he left.
Well he should be back by July 26th, so I am looking forward, not looking forward, relieved, not relieved that he'll be back by then. Gee am I a Gemini or what? Two minds on everything!
1 comment:
That would def. be rough letting him go...he's a good kid. You're a good mom. It's all good! :)
Post a Comment