Sunday, August 9, 2009

Tyler Returns

On August 1st Tyler flew back from CA. I wondered how this would go. Eric hasn't really been away from Tyler for a long period of time since he was a month old. I wondered if he'd remember his big brother. Well he did. His face lit up when we saw Tyler. In fact for two days after Tyler came, he couldn't look at Tyler without making a coo sound of happiness.

I was glad Tyler was back also. Besides all the non superficial things like I love him and he is part of the family. There are some reasons I like having Tyler around.
1) He runs things around for me, IE things to the neighbor, gets the mail etc.
2) He starts the car for me while I buckle in Eric allowing the air to start running (handy when it is 115 outside).
3) He puts shopping carts away.
4) He is good to go get the baby out of the crib.
5) I look a lot less stupid at the water park with a 9 year old.
6) I am more motivated to actually cook when he's here.
7) He will run into the store for milk, while I sit in van air conditioned comfort.
8) I look less stupid buying junk food.
9) He picks stuff up off the ground for me
10) He carries the diaper bag.

Since having Eric, Tyler being gone is sometimes harder. Prior to having my own baby, when Tyler was gone, it was a break. You parents know what I mean. Sometimes it is nice to be child free for a little while. So in the past even though I was sad for him leaving, I was happy for the break. Not anymore! It just feels incomplete.

So glad Tyler is back and I have my whole family again!

No comments: