Well Tyler has always heard me talk about Vegas, and seen me go a few trips without him. He wanted to go. He's heard about how his dad proposed to me there, the trip we took for my birthday and many other things. I finally found a good reason when I learned they were going to implode the Frontier Hotel. He has always wanted to see an implosion in person... heck me too. I planned this little trip last November to see it with Tyler.
However first we had to have our trip glitch. My car window broke going over Hoover Dam. I had rolled it down for Tyler so he could see the Dam better and throw a penny into the water like in the "Fools Rush in Movie" When we got over the Dam, it wouldn't roll back up. Tyler and I kept talking about our dam broken window. Poor Tyler had to sit in the back seat with the wind blowing all over him while we drove the rest of the way into Vegas. Thanks to my mom's friend, LaRue we had a safe place to keep the car until I could get the window fixed. We left the car in her garage. The next day we took a cab to our hotel. Thanks again LaRue, you were a life saver!
I booked a room at the Circus Circus hotel (only stay there with children, otherwise it's yucky) which is very close to the Frontier. I begged and begged for a room with a view of the Frontier Hotel. I played the pregnant card, the little boy wanting to see an implosion card, I lucked out this was the view out our window
We hit so many sites and rides. I was a month along with Dash so I bowed out most of the rides, but Tyler thought Vegas was just like Disneyland with gambling and smoking. We saw Caesars Palace, Luxor, Excalibur, MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Paris, Stratosphere, Venetian, Rio, Imperial Palace, Las Vegas Hilton, Mirage, Treasure Island, Bally's, Bellagio:
All this over two days. I should mention that Tyler spent a lot of time in the adventure dome attached to our hotel. Lots of rides in there too.
Anytime we walked through a casino, Tyler was kind enough to inform the people there that 'gambling is bad'. Wow Tyler does listen to me sometimes.
Back at home Jason spent a lot of time on the phone trying to get me help about my broken car window. We were able to get it fixed at the Henderson BMW dealership, they took pity on me. Nothing like hearing pregnant woman with a young child being blown to death driving on the freeway, I love the pregnant card! The idea of driving back to Phoenix with one window down could make me cry. So part of our adventure was hanging at the shop of the dealership. They were kind enough to give Tyler a tour of the workshop and even show him an engine being pulled out of a car. Tyler's car obsession grows.
At the end of our second day, I drove Tyler up and down the strip teaching him the names of the hotels. He kept asking questions about them. No one before has ever wanted to listen to me talk about Vegas! I should have been talking to an eight year old to begin with! Tyler feel asleep in the car after the fourth trip back and forth. I almost had to pay a bellman to carry Tyler to the room, however I got him up enough to get up to bed. Then I set our wake up call for 2:15am in order to watch an implosion. I had trouble waking Tyler up to see the implosion, it wasn't until ten minutes later when I said, "you are going to miss it" that he popped out of bed instantly. We watched as the Frontier became a memory at 2:45 a.m on 11/13/07. It was a great site to see, and LOUD! BOOM, our room shook. I took pictures but they didn't turn out. However you can see it yourself here: http://www.vegastodayandtomorrow.com/frontiervideo.htm
When we woke up the next morning this was the view out our window:
Ba bye hotel!
After breakfast headed home to Phoenix but we stopped at M&M World first:
No comments:
Post a Comment