I am sad and happy to announce Eric is officially weaned. Back off, Breastfeeding Nazis, I went a whole 13 months. Eric was starting to treat me more like a chew toy then a place for nourishment, so I gave it up. It was a struggle. Like I mentioned in my "Nazi" post, I had a hard time getting Eric to start breastfeeding. Then it was hard once breastfeeding to get him to take a bottle. I would often think I had him on a bottle then he'd stop.
I first tried formula and that didn't go. I tried whole milk and that didn't work. Tried a different formula, we did a little better but not enough. I tried putting chocolate mix in the milk or formula, no go.
Wait no to chocolate, who's kid are you? Oh yea, you are your dad's son. No chocolate and picky eater.
What finally worked? Putting formula in whole milk. I do not know why, but it worked.
I will miss the ease of breastfeeding. Little prep, no clean up. I loved the times he'd fall asleep while nursing. How he'd touch me with his hand while drinking. It is an amazing feeling I never want to forget.
I will be happy to not have to think about what clothes I have to wear. That I can be away from my baby for long periods of time.
My baby is growing up!
1 comment:
We haven't had any success weaning asher from formula to milk, so I am anxious to try the formula-in-milk idea! Way to go breastfeeding for 13 months! I'm only 1 month into it and am feeling like a boob slave. Oh how I wish nate could lactate... :)
Post a Comment