Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Bond with Daddy


Since Eric was born, he's had a tight bond with his daddy. Most kids seem to have a bond with one parent over the other, but not Eric. He has "modes" as we call them. There are times he's in Daddy Mode, and times he's in Mommy Mode. I have been surprised by this, since I am home with him, and he was breast fed. I would have thought, he'd have a preference to me. Nope!

From the time Eric was born, there were times he just wanted daddy. I'd do everything to take care of him when he cried, and nothing would work. Until daddy picked him up, then he was happy. When Jason gets home from work, Eric just wants daddy. He has even started to throw fits when Daddy leaves for work.

Now trust me, there are times he is the same way with me, but that's to be expected.

I love the special bond Eric has with his Daddy. It fills my heart with joy when I seem him excited to be with his dad. They have their own little things they do together, I often say "aaawwww" seeing them.

So to Eric when you are a grown up adult(President???). I just want you to know that you had this special relationship with Daddy from the beginning, something that we all have treasured.


Eric likes to play with Jason's slippers, which are almost as big as he is!

1 comment:

Jer and Cam said...

That is so sweet! I think this summer has been especially good for Jer and my kiddos because he's been able to spend more time with them. It is so fun to see how they love being with Dad!