Saturday, July 17, 2010

Great Father, Great Husband

I noticed in going over my blog, that I have lots of posts of what a great Father Jason is to his boys. What I haven't posted about is what a great husband he is. So I thought I'd share a few examples.

Once in a while my shopping list has something special written on it.

Another day I was cooking in the kitchen when Eric came in and gave me a note that said, I love mom. Now I think my guy is brilliant but his handwriting is not that neat. Check out the two other notes that got delivered to me after that one.
Every day as Jason is finishing his normally 45 minute commute home from work, he will call to see how I am doing. A few days back he got a tired sounding, not good. When I explained that Eric had been hyper and had worn me out, he showed what a great husband and father he is again. He asked me to get Eric socks and shoes on and he'd take him to the park. So after a long day at work and a long drive, my husband headed out in 105 degree heat to let Eric burn off his energy. Jason's real goal, was to give me some peace. It was great!


Just some other things that make Jason an awesome husband:
1) He doesn't do drama. In other words I don't get attention for being irrational. This is good for me, so that I keep using my brain.
2) He seldom gets flustered or upset. He is always thinking of a solution.
3) He is very affectionate. Being so level headed, sometimes doesn't make one affectionate, but my Jason loves his hugs, kisses, hand holding, and just being around each other. He gives the best hugs!
4) He always does the right thing. He's the most honest person I know. His morals are never in question. He just knows what he's suppose to do and does it.
5) Can't flirt to save his life. I love this in a husband because those men always come home at night. Even if some girl got close enough to flirt with him, he'd have no clue what was going on!
6) He lets me sleep in. Sometimes I just need that extra hour or two.
7) He thanks me each week for doing laundry, thanks me for each lunch I make him for work, and thanks me for each dinner I cook.
8) He keeps my computer running, I am addicted!
9) He supports me completely in my goals, on the off chance I make one.
10) He's very patriotic and loves his country and the history it was founded on. Therefore he has taught me a lot. Two of his favorite things to read is the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
11) He's got a brain and uses it.
12) He has an unwavering belief and faith in God.
13) He shows great excitement if he can teach someone about a thing he loves.
14) He is totally devoted to me as his wife. He expects others to treat me with respect.
15) He has taught me to clearly communicate what I need and why I need it. Hints are useless!
16) He adores his children.
17) He seems to be a good influence to those around him to do the right thing. He's the silent leader.
18) He likes to let me shine! He really doesn't need attention from others.
19) He doesn't waste energy worrying. I can only think of one day that I saw him be worried!
20) He married me!

I could go on, but my brain has stopped working. Pregnancy brain!

No comments: