Friday, July 2, 2010

So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home,
Glad as I can be;
Clap my hands and shout for joy,
and climb upon his knee,
put my arms around his neck,
hug him tight like this,
squeeze his cheeks then give him what?
A great big kiss!



Let me explain this routine Eric has for when daddy comes home.

He hears the chime of the alarm indicating the garage door has been opened. Any toys that might be in his hand are TOSSED away with vigor. He then opens the door to the garage and holds it open for dad. It usually takes dad a minute or so to get to the door. When Eric sees his dad, he greets him with "Hi". Then Eric lets Jason put his stuff down on the washer. Then for some reason Eric must back up several steps and run to dad's arms. Then they hug and pat each other on the back.

I recorded this to show Jason the parts that happen before he makes it to the door.

3 comments:

Donna and Bevan said...

I can't believe stuff like this actually makes me cry now! Is it the hormones or the fact that it's just plain cute?!

Family of Disney said...

BOTH! :) wait until it is your little one!

Jer and Cam said...

How cute is that, Jeanne? So glad you'll have that to show him when he's a teenager:)