I got lots of calls for my special day but the highlight was hearing from Tyler. In an effort to not blame "I Forgot" for him not remembering my birthday and Father's Day, Tyler got some help. He programmed his phone to remind him to call us. It is scary that at eight he can program a cell phone better than I can! One day he will yell at me over the phone for needing computer help, like I do with my mom. "come on mom, we've done that before!"
I should have organized the last of my baby gifts that rolled in with shower number four yesterday, but the task seems a little scary. I can't believe how blessed I am that so many friends and family would think to give us a little something. I think many were just thrilled to learn I wasn't barren, or that I actually planned to have a child of my own. I have so many baby clothes, I am not sure if he will have time to wear them all, before getting too big. I treasure all my gifts, but have been blessed to get several handmade blankets from family and friends. I am most found of these because of the little extra heart that went into the effort. I am sure Dash will feel that as well.
I have lots of baby gift bags if you need them. With the way my friends at church pop out babies, they may only last me a year anyway.
Father's Day also makes me a little sad. There have been four fathers in my life I have been blessed to know on this earth. My dad being one of the best, has been back with Heavenly Father for 19 years. I still miss him, yes, Jeanne cry, I will always miss him. I also shed tears missing Carl, father-in-law no 1. I had 2 1/2 years to know Carl and came to love him as much as my own father. He has been gone four years. I like to picture both dads together in heaven waiting for Dash to arrive. I can hear the corny jokes they would both make if here. My time with both of them was short, but powerful and important to my life. Great men are hard to come by, and these two are tops.
Also a shout out to Jack, father-in-law no. 2. Another wonderful guy that I am still getting to know. He lives in Colorado so it's been a little harder. For those who don't get why I have two fathers-in-law, lets just say the family tree has had a couple of split branches!
Then of course there is Jason, who not being my father, is still the daddy in my life everyday. He's the one I need to see or speak to everyday. It is so nice to have him touch my belly to feel Dash have hiccups or kick and move. I can't wait to see him hold his baby son. Once day I know our children will think of him the way we think of my daddy and Carl. Sometimes I think our society doesn't give props to the dads that they deserve. So I give my love to Jason, who being the great father he is, and will only get better with age. I fell in love with him over six years ago, and the father he was then was one of the key reasons. I remember the moment I took this picture thinking how this was my new family. Aren't my boys cute?

I hope everyone counts their blessings about all the great Fathers we have had, including Heavenly Father, founding fathers, and the daddies in our lives. If you search you will see that everyone has been blessed with a father that made life a little better. Dads are cool.
1 comment:
I agree - Dad's are so cool! Love the pic of Jason and little tiny Tyler.
Post a Comment