Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pregnant vs Not Pregnant

As I enter my last month of being pregnant, I find getting around harder and harder. Sometimes I prefer to lay around like a beached whale, only I smell a little better.

Now before you remind me I should be grateful that I can even have a baby... I know I am very lucky. I have people in my life who I know aren't going to have the blessing I have had. He has given me so much.

However,

Complaining is fun.

Things I will miss about being pregnant:
1) A lot more people smile at you.
2) Lots of extra attention, I am soaking it up.
3) Playing the pregnancy card, this works at work, home, church, in stores, and even my friends fall for it.
4) Always getting a chair offered wherever I go.
5) Having something to break the ice with anyone.
6) Being able to buy a container of Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting WITHOUT a cake and not feel like a pig.
7) Feeling perfectly justified in eating cookies at 2am.
8) People helping me, I have had more doors held open and help with groceries (even at Costco). Hands have been offered to get out of chairs, cars, and even a bin of snakes.
9) Baby gifts, I love all gifts. Email me if you want to see the baby registries :)
10) Being able to act crabby and then blame my condition.


Things I will enjoy about not being pregnant:
1) A waist, I am looking forward to being able to bend again. Putting on pants has gotten very difficult, I have to hold them in front of me and swing a leg and hope my aim is good.
2) My wedding rings will come off easier at night.
3) The stairs in the house will stop getting taller each day.
4) People should stop trying to touch my belly.
5) Not being asked when the baby is due (at least I hope this stops after he's born).
6) Not hearing how big I have gotten, even Jason has blown this one.
7) I look forward to not groaning while getting out of chairs and my car. This will resume with the next baby or when I get older.
8) I look forward to walking again, I waddle like a duck.
9) Not hearing the horror stories others like to tell you about their pregnancy and/or delivery.
10) I will feel air conditioning again.
11) Not always having to pee. I finish and walk back to my desk... and have to go again.
11) People not talking to me like I am a baby (ie Howsa mummy dewing?)

No comments: