Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Last Stage


Friday was my last day at the Stagecoach Bank as I start my maternity leave. Normally before you leave, things are very mellow and clam. We refer to "short timers" disease where you just don't care because you are going. However I kept very busy. We had a lot of people out for various reasons, and I am too anal about my work to let it slide. So I worked up to the last minute, set my out of office items, and then left, after many hugs.

Yes there were tears as I said good bye. The Stagecoach Bank has been my employer for six years years. In that time they have treated me very well. My salary increased 150 percent from my original salary (not including the production bonuses I often got), they have great benefits and employee incentives. I always felt like family and work was balanced with them. I have left a few times to get a sick Tyler from school without issue. I was also able to cut back hours to be with him more, instead of putting him if after school programs. In general a very caring employer, as long as your work was worth while.

I also loved what I did there. I learned a lot over six years. It is information that has helped with my personal finances as well. The job is challenging and changes everyday. I was never bored.

Most of all, I worked with the greatest group of people ever. We share our lives, troubles, and happiness. My pregnancy is very exciting to them, and they are waiting on pins and needles to hear the baby delivery news. The women there offered the greatest advice about pregnancy and everyone helped. It's the people I will miss the most over the next few weeks.

Not many people are blessed to have a job they love, with people they love, doing something they love, with employers that treat you with respect. I may not always be an employee of the "Stagecoach Bank" but I will always be a customer.

As I walked through the parking lot leaving, Jeanne cry, it's hard to say good-bye. It's a scary and exciting transition for me. Until then I will smile when I see the commercials for the Stagecoach Bank, that talk about "The next stage". Having a baby of my own really is a new stage in my life.

No comments: