It took many weeks, and a lot of thinking and planning. I quit my job today, to stay home with my boys. This is something Jason and Tyler always wanted, but took me time to accept for myself. I went into work to say good-bye to the "Stage Coach" bank.
I have been in a bit of somber mood. I am leaving a job that has been part of my life for over six years. Not only that, but I loved what I did, and even more loved the people there. It was hard as I was there visiting yesterday avoiding the question "When will you be back". Wednesday the management will make the announcement to my team about my lack of return. Some will be shocked, but most will not.
I have left jobs in the past, but usually I wasn't that sad to leave. I mean work is work. I realize now it was because I never loved a job like this one. The company treated me wonderfully, and I was challenged in what I did and always learning. Plus the best people worked there.
I will also miss the money. I love money, and the money was good. Bye money! That is also another reason this is hard for me, I had my own money. Now I have to depend on Jason. This is a lack of independence that will be an adjustment for me. You know after 19 years of having jobs, this is new.
I take pride that I have been with them six years. Also, despite my nerves I came in to tell them I wouldn't be back face to face. My direct supervisor was off for the day, so I called her at home so she heard it from me. Right now, they are planning a good-bye lunch for me! Have I mentioned I work with the best people?
I sadly turned in my security badge. Next week I'll be back to clean out my desk. When I told our manager Lisa I wouldn't be back, she was happy for me about the decision I made. There has been a saying at work, "Our people are our most important asset." I am blessed to feel that way, even when saying good-bye.
I am becoming exactly what I never wanted to be when I was a snotty teenager. A stay at home mommy. I have already begun getting into at home mommy things. YEA ME!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It's been said that the hardest and most rewarding job is that of "mom". And as much as you loved your job I don't think you'll ever regret this decision. I know I haven't, and I loved my job as much as you loved yours. I'm not saying that there aren't days when you wish you were working outside of the house, but they pass and then you remember why you wanted to stay home in the first place. Kids grow and change so fast. I feel lucky to be able to be at home with mine!! Hopefully you will feel the same way! ;)
When we moved to Arizona for the first couple of years, I got to stay home with my kids. I won't trade that time. Being a mom (stepmom) is by far the hardest job ever, but the most rewarding.:) I'm excited for you.
I am happy that you are going to stay home and be able to enjoy all the moments of momhood. It is definately worth all the ups and downs, even though I wonder if it would be easier to just go to work sometimes. Have fun and enjoy the boys while they are little.
Jeanne,
Good for you. It will feel a little odd at first, but your days will get filled quickly...after all you MUST update this blog :) You are a great mom. You have always thought of other people :)
Diana
Post a Comment