Wednesday, January 6, 2010

18 month Check up


I grew disenchanted with the old Pediatrician and moved the boys new a different doctor in the same practice. Today Eric got his first check up with Doctor J. I think it is fitting, Dr J is a huge Disney fan! He spent a whole half hour with us and looked Eric over well. We got to see the new molars that are S L O W L Y trying to come in (3 at once!).

Eric is very unhappy to be examined right now. He really wants to control his own little body. However between the two of us, we wrestled him enough for a good exam.
The prognosis, Eric is healthy and happy. When I explained that Eric can place himself at the top of a slide and push himself down, the Doctor said he was ahead of the curve there. Eric also left the doctor a picture on the sanitary paper, that Doctor J said is a work of art! The kid loves to hold pens!

So here are his stats
Weight 25.75 pounds 48.89 percentile (there went my concerns Eric wasn't eating enough)
Height 31.25 inches 21.21 percentile. (not huge, but good enough)
Head I forgot the head measurement but he is in the 50th percentile
His numbers were a big improvement over last time which is always good news.

Now if only there was a way to make those teef come in faster!

Oh and yeah, no shots for six more months!

What Doctor J provided that I never got before was a chart of Eric's entire growth since birth with percentages. He seems to peak on weight and valley on height, then the opposite the next time. I guess that is how it goes.

We ended the appointment with a fun game of peek a poo with Dr J. Nothing like a doctor who will play peek a poo with your kid!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad he's growing well he is such a cutie!

What an amazing Christmas - Disney wow so much fun!!