Tuesday, May 17, 2011

M & M Picnic

Every time I refill our monthly prescriptions, Eric is fascinated with a 3-D peanut M & M display. He likes to reach into the arm holes and pick out bag to carry around. I mean which of us has hadn't our kid grab things in the store. Where is isn't like every kid is when we went to leave the store he returned his bag to the display.

I decided to give him a treat so I told him to get the bag back and we will buy it. What happened after that, I knew I'd want to remember forever, so I am blogging it.

He held the bag up to cashier so she could scan it. Then after I paid for it, he tried to give the bag back to her. I love how this kid puts things back!

We walked out the front door, where they had a display of a table and chairs. Eric promptly pulled a chair out for me and told me to sit... and so started our M & M picnic.

He ate the brown ones first, then the yellow and blue. The green were pushed over for Brooke. It was so cute to see the pile be given to her. Then he finished with the red and orange.
This was just a fun joyful moment to share with Eric. Even though when we left he ate the ones on the ground!

*added two days later
After a haircut, Eric and T.J. had been given M&Ms in mini bags. They were eating them at the table and we were having a conversation about color sorting them. Jason said you give the green ones to someone you love. Just then Eric pushed green ones over to Jason and T.J. pushed his over to me. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That is the sweetest story!