So what was my main Mother's Day/early Birthday gift?
A night away from the kids courtesy of Jason! Last Friday I loaded up the car, not mini van and left for 24 hours of not hearing mom, crying, or can you get me. I had a huge grin on my face while I left, while Jason looked a little nervous.
This was a nice break as I haven't had a night away from kids in years. I do not count the two nights away from Eric while I was having Brooke and recovering.
I drove down the south end of Phoenix Friday afternoon. I enjoyed the help with my bag, and it was nice to only have one bag! I zoned out and enjoyed doing so! I was able to get in for massage at the spa... yummy. Then I took a nap. Tough life.
My friend Katie joined me that evening and we went up to Rustler's Roost for our annual allotment of grease for dinner. It was yummy, and the view was awesome. Katie even went down the slide! I would have done it, but that would have required effort!
We walked around the resort for a while and then headed back to our room. We enjoyed an in room movie while laying around.
The next joy of the night away? Sleeping in. Okay most wouldn't count 8am as sleeping in, but I do. I hope I didn't snore too much!
Then in room dining for breakfast! yum. Who knew chicken apple sausage was good?
Then we hung out at Oasis Water Park at the resort. Mostly we sat in the lazy river and were lazy!
After we got washed up and dressed we went out for a movie!
Jason wins the hubby award! It was a wonderful change of pace for me. I loved resting and relaxing and doing nothing. Thank you, I love you!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i would say he wins an award... IMPRESSIVE! glad you got a get away.. next time i think you should give the slide a whirl :)
Post a Comment