Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Isn't Christmas Until The Kids Cry at Santa

So every year since T.J. came into my life I have gotten photos of my kids on Santa's lap. This is a major deal to me. As a kid I refused to visit Santa and not once did I even come close. I was just too shy to do it. Yes I am actually a shy person.

My kids are doing a little better. It helps that T.J. makes an excellent Santa buffer. See a year ago. Brooke didn't care, and Eric needed to stay with his brother
Prior to Brooke being born T.J. again had to act as a buffer.
T.J, Buffering against Santa since 2009!

Just to prove that Eric once sat on Santa's lap, here you go.

Well this year we attended the Breakfast with Santa. The kids got a breakfast, and I got a bag of coupons (YIPPEEE!) Then Santa reads a story and we get discounted photos with him.
So we showed up to eat.


After the story we got in line for Santa. The problem is we live in PHX and didn't dress for cold rainy weather. We left after 10 minutes with the plan to come back later that night.

So we came back at night with T.J. It was an epic fail. Brooke freaked out as soon as she was taken away from me. Eric freaked out as well. We tried for 10 minutes to get a pic and finally gave up.

We went to eat some snacks in the food court. The kids were given free cupcakes by a nice guy there.


I am starting to notice when I take Eric's picture he points to Brooke instead. He wants her picture instead of his.

Then we attempted Santa again. I had a new plan of attack. I stood outside in the rain and Jason took them in. I heard a lot of screaming from Brooke. Here were the best of the ones they got. I love all the sad faces. Notice NO one is on Santa. T.J is on the arm of the chair.
Here was the last try. Eric had enough and was out of there. You might say Brooke isn't crying but trust me, she was just taking a moment between screams to breathe.


*sigh* one day I'll get all my kids to sit on Santa for a picture. I think

1 comment:

Cortney Clegg said...

Maybe next year?? :)And I have a REALLY hard time believing that you were ever shy. You seem to have outgrown that one!