I have strong appreciation that I am home to take care of my 3 kids. I remember the days of being a working mom with T.J. I will say this and working moms don't kill me, BEING A STAY AT HOME MOM IS HARDER. There is no break. You work in your home, you are on call 24/7. Vacations just mean you do what you normally do without your normal equipment. It is worth it, but it is hard being home.
Occasionally (regularly) I got nuts. I miss working. I look forward to going back to work again some day.
This leads to a conversation I had with Jason. That if he never got away from his work, he'd go nuts. So Jason decided to give me a PTO day. I got the pick from some dates and he took a day off work so I could do whatever I wanted (within our budget, darn there is always a catch).
So Monday was my day off. I slept in. Jason got to drive carpool, makes lunches, and cooked breakfast.
I did cuddle with Brooke for a while and watch a movie. It was nice to not change a diaper, or dress someone, or clean up. Meanwhile Jason emptied the dishwasher, and cleaned the kitchen. I could seriously get used to this.
Then I left to do some shopping for Christmas. It was nice to not wrestle with anyone at the store. I had time to look at the merchandise, instead of racing to what I need to get. I found some good things this way!
I met my friend Katie for lunch at Pita Jungle. There was no cutting up food for someone or being embarrassed at the mess on the floor.
About this point I started to feel lonely. I am not accustomed to driving around without a kid or two. I missed my kids.... boy am I stupid!
Then I got a massage... yum.
I ran a few errands then I went home to watch TV. I also took a nap!
Then Jason came home from running the kids here and there and brought pizza for dinner.
It was a great day off. May-be I'll get another one in a year.
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome! I need one of those! Ha ha!! And I totally agree with you, being a SAHM is WAY harder than being a working mom and I can say that because I've also done both.
Post a Comment