We hosted Thanksgiving at our new home this year. For the first time in 10 years I was able to break out my china (excuse my totally material moment here) for use. It was neat! I love my china.
As I have mentioned before Jack had been out to visit us. So he came, along with Jason's mom, and two of his sisters, Jenny and Kacy. We were also honored by a visit from Berta Jenny's boyfriend's mom. I guess we can call her the MIL.
I worked a deal with Jenny that she'd cook, I'd buy. Shopping off Jenny's cooking list was no easy task, and took no less than five trips to 3 different stores.
Jenny arrived early to begin preparation.
Brooke loved Jen's flip flops
I was sou chef. We worked together well. Jenny picked out an awesome menu and yummy food.
Kacy arrived with just enough time to join us for dinner. That girl is always late for someone who drives fast. Even if she was driving from LA
Brooke went down for a nap just before dinner and ended up sleeping through most of the day. That was okay with us, she was majorly teething and majorly grumpy.
The meal was wonderful, the best I had in a long time. I am sorry I didn't get a picture of everyone at dinner, it was hard because part of our company left so early.
Then those of us who stayed around stole a paper from a neighbor (hey he was out of town for a week, I doubt he'd want a week old paper) to look for the Black Friday ads. Jason, T.J. Jen, and Kacy all headed out to be stupid (I mean shop). Jason looked at the parking lot and left. Sadly all the deals he wanted were available online the next day for the same price. Lame. DOWN WITH BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING!
I am thankful for a lovely Thanksgiving!
1 comment:
Shopping online is SO much better!
Post a Comment