Thursday, May 15, 2008

Magic Happens

Every other Thursday magic happens at my home. I leave for work with a dirty home, when I come home my house is clean and smells like oranges. It's amazing. I call this magic Elvira. To make the magic of Elvira work all I have to do is leave a check on the counter. Now every other Thursday is like a holiday to me.

We hired Elvira over four, maybe five years ago, she was referred by a friend. Jason and I don't really clean, even though we say we will. We both work so most cleaning was left for Saturday. We got tired of spending our whole day cleaning the house, or to be honest, putting off cleaning the house. We started to look at housekeepers to just see what the cost would be. We were shocked to learn that if we brought lunch from home, we saved the money for the magic. I'll trade pizza and hamburgers any day for a clean home!

Elvira has come to mean a lot to us. She is such a sweet lady and her English is very improved. A much younger Tyler used to call her "Aunt Vira" which she enjoyed very much. Hey, if they clean my house, I'll consider anyone family.

2 comments:

Salcido Family said...

I really enjoy reading your blog, it's great!

nikki said...

I agree - the magic is awesome!! We haven't had anyone regularly but I occasionally splurge when things get out of control. :)

Cleaning is no way to spend a Saturday!!