Sunday, May 4, 2008

Trauma of Mother's Day

Preparing for Mother's day is always a big deal in our family. That would be because there are SO many mothers in our family. When you start with Jason and me it sounds normal. His mom, my mom, and two grandmothers. No biggie there. Then we move on to Tyler who has, two moms, three grandmothers, and two great grandmothers. Next year he will have a new grandmother who's marrying into the family. Now it wouldn't be so bad if Tyler didn't insist on picking each card himself. The process takes about 1/2 hour to an hour and involves many changed decisions. I have to mentally prepare myself to deal with it. Chocolate is handy. Good thing the boxes of chocolate are on the same isle at Walmart.

BTW while shopping for Mother's Day cards, they had some to Mom from dog, or Mom from cat. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I have a mental picture of a 40 year old never married woman with many cats and poodle bangs buying those cards for herself.

Then every year I go through the same question from Tyler. "How come there isn't a kids day"? Every year my answer is the same. BECAUSE EVERYDAY IS KIDS DAY. He still doesn't get it, I am sure I'll answer the question again next year, and when Dash learns to talk, I'll get it from him.

1 comment:

nikki said...

Hey - now I found you too! Great blog! I'm still trying to get pics of Jake from the Fear Factor party. You are truly the cool leader!