Friday Eric had his two week check-up:
His new stats, to compare with his old ones here:
Weight: 7lbs 11 oz
Length: 20 1/4 inches
Head Circumference: 14 inches
Hair Color: Still under debate. Daddy says dirty blond, mommy thinks strawberry blond.
Dr S, Eric's pediatrician, seems to think he is a healthy little boy with no concerns. She said he is very bright and alert, that his body seems stronger and ahead of normal development for two weeks. She recommended tummy time for him. She also recommended that I give him a little formula, pointing out that there are certain minerals and vitamins available in formula that are not available in breast milk. I asked her what I will tell my friends, the Breastfeeding Nazis, she laughed and said, "We call those moms that here too."
I really like Dr S. and love the office there. There are two other pediatricians, it is right in the community I live in, and they have separate sick and well child entrances. Dr S. and I seem to agree on a lot of things about Eric. It is nice to have such a great option for health care right where I live. Also if you doctor can joke and have a sense of humor about BF Nazis, what's not to like?
Today Jason and I began to introduce Eric to the LDS culture to which he was born. We went to Costco and spent way to much money. Eric responded by sleeping the whole time. Tomorrow we will attempt church, sometimes I wish I could sleep through that.
1 comment:
I love Dr. S. We will miss her tons. Eric is too cute. Glad everything is going good. I have to agree about the Breastfeeding Nazi's, although I turned into one by child #3!!
Post a Comment