Thursday, July 17, 2008

An Ideal Husband


Jason and Eric July 4, 2008, the day Eric was born.

For days I have wanted to write a post about how great my husband has been with the new baby. Somehow this always takes backstage to pictures of Eric, but Jason doesn't mind, that's part of what makes him a great man.

When we were leaving for the hospital to give birth, Jason suggested in a teasing manner that I bring my childhood teddy bear, Eddy along. I remember thinking he was silly for the suggestion as I don't cuddle my Eddy anymore. Well if you remember in my blog, Complicated Birthday, I mentioned they kept laying me on my side when Eric's heart rate dropped. I actually said to Jason at some point, I wish I had my Eddy to hold while I was just there stuck laying on my side. Jason was too big to fit into the bed with me, so he got me a little panda bear to hold. I held Percy for hours while going through a very scary time, and yes, Jeanne Cry.

I had to practically force Jason away from me to eat and walk around during lunch time. He seemed fine to stay in that awful plastic hospital chair that was too small for him. I wanted Jason to keep taking care of himself so I insisted he go eat. I wasn't allowed to eat he might as well not bring food into my room. Jason kept offering to go without food, but listened when I told him I would be fine and wanted him to care for himself.

Jason was so proud of me after Eric was born, and took time to tell me that. He didn't make the first moment about Eric, but about me, what I had done and gone through. I got a kiss and hug. Then he held his son.

Even though Knight was not Jason's favorite choice for a middle name for our son, Jason agreed knowing it meant so much to me.

Less than 24 hours after giving birth, Jason had fixed an extra laptop, gotten a wireless network card and had his computer addicted wife on the internet. See me below on my favorite site, locking a thread:


I was brought flowers seen here behind my mom:

Jason has brought me everything I have asked for. Taken Eric willingly when I need a break. Worked from home the first week after he was born. Always willing to get up at night with me, don't worry you, Breastfeeding Nazis, he can't do the feedings but he helped me and supported me while I tried to get breastfeeding to work. Jason has the magic touch with Eric too, when nothing will else will stop the crying, daddy picking him up does the trick.

Jason has been so good for me. He doesn't respond to drama. As a woman we all resort to dramatics from time to time. He doesn't buy it and I am learning it's a waste of my energy. This has helped me grow as a person. I have learned to ask for what I what instead of hint. Jason "completes me".

I love you Jason, and thanks for putting up with me. Thank you for being practically perfect while I was going through labor and birth.

Oh and thanks for being sexy ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a tear-jerker example of true love. Awww. So sweet.

You have a gift with words, Jeanne!

Anonymous said...

Wow, don't we all need husbands like that. You are a lucky family to have each other.