Friday, July 25, 2008

"It Has Been Three Weeks,


aren't you over the baby thing yet?"

This is what my friend Brian teased me today. He mentioned reading my blog and wondering if I was over the baby yet. He said that is all I blog about. At least I am not blogging about Oingo Boingo. Of course this was a joke, I think. ;)

So Eric is three weeks old today. Not only can I NOT believe he is three weeks, but I still find it strange to look at him and realize that:
1) He was inside of my body
2) That he got out of me safely
3) That he looks so much like me
4) That he will not go away for the summer
5) That he will get bigger before I know it
6) One day he will be a teenager talking back to me with attitude and I'll look back on these days with a longing
7) That a night with my husband could cause something like this to happen.

Oh, I finally got my to do list from a week ago Tuesday done! Party time.

2 comments:

nikki said...

You crack me up - only because I've thought all those same things when I've looked at my new babies!

mdtoorder said...

I couldn't have said that better myself, Jeanne! And re: you're realizations, you're spot-on with them!

Well, maybe with the possible exception that, once Eric is a teenager talking back to you with attitude and you'll look back upon these days with longing (which you will!), that you'll also totally dread the day that that said smarmy teen with attitude heads off to college!

HEH! OK, now, YOU try not to become a helicopter parent! Yeah, good luck with that! ;-)

mdtoorder

P.S. Things could be a LOT worse than not being close to your kids. I have every faith that both of you will always remain close to your kids, and really, that's the best you can ever hope for! Just enjoy all the time that you both have with them while it lasts!