Thursday, August 14, 2008

Random Room Checks

I don’t even have a teenager in the house, but I learned the value of checking in Tyler’s room when he was three. The reason? The messy and odd things you will find in a kid’s room.
Yes, 3 year old Tyler, in YOUR room. Don't look at me like that. To my friends that just have little babies pay attention this will save you. I thought as Tyler got older the issue would improve, but it has gotten worse.

I went through the bathroom the other night; yes you need to go through the bathroom as well!
I found:
-Chuck E Cheese token
-Rocks
-Brown marker
-Used Q tips???
-A full bottle of men’s cologne (and it wasn’t taken from Jason’s collection)*
-Sports water bottle with water in is that was two months old
-Size stickers from clothing
-School lunch schedule
-Empty hair conditioner bottle, empty sunscreen bottle, empty toothpaste tube, empty Dixie Cups box

In the last six months I have found the following objects is his room:
-Wood Chips
-Rocks, what is with kids and rocks?
-Sticks
-Used chap stick given to him from a classmate
-Every box or container of every toy, school supply etc bought.
-Cocktail napkin from Southwest Airlines*
-And the best find of them all, a hardboiled egg that was three months old. We found the smell! It was from the Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet in February.

Why is it I find these things but not the item I went into the room for in the first place? I wonder what I will find in Eric’s room one day? Will Tyler be the one to put strange things in his room? Is this a Tyler thing, or a kid thing? I wonder if one day I will find something that is or was alive in someone’s room.

Post a comment, what strange things have you found in your kids rooms?

*Starred items have been determined to be from Tyler's trips to and from California to see his mom.

7 comments:

Our Little Family said...

I love that he saved his egg from the Blue & Gold Banquet!! I find tons of odd stuff in our kids rooms too. So far, nothing alive though!

nikki said...

This might be a Tyler thing because I don't think we've ever found anything that weird.

I'm with you on the rocks though! Why so many all the time?!

Diana said...

Just wait till you realize the fish from the aquarium in your house is missing....and you find it in your son's pocket because "the fish looked cold." or you find an undershirt your daughter wore in 3rd grade under her bed...and she is a sophomore...

Anonymous said...

I have found every one of those items (except for the egg & cocktail napkin!) & more in Dustin's room. My younger two don't seem to collect like he does, so maybe it's just a Dustin & Tyler thing? lol I am just dumbfounded by some of the things I find sometimes!!

molson2227 said...

Good Times (I know you miss that saying!)

Unknown said...

I love the picture choice in this blog! And I'm pretty sure it's just a kid thing. Every now and then I catch myself thinking I should hang onto some random item "just because" and then I try to think like an adult. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't! ;)

Veronnica said...

LOL! I have a 12yo and let me tell you it doesn't get any better! Recently I found a gigantic petrified lizard in a pile of stuff in the corner. I don't think he brought it in himself, but it's been the wierdest find recently!