Monday, August 4, 2008

When You Are Month Old

Eric turned 1 month old today. The time is going SO FAST. He is so adorable and such a joy to have. I also realized I forgot to do one of my neurotic things, Eric didn't have a savings account yet! I know to the normal person no big deal, but this is me we are talking about. I opened Tyler's first savings two weeks after his dad and I became engaged. Today Eric, Tyler and I headed to the local "Stagecoach Bank" branch to add Eric to the financial world. The bankers cooed over the cute baby while getting it started. Tyler rolled around the branch, made a deposit into his own account, and hijacked many a lollipop.

Tyler and I then headed over to our local Denny's where Kacy is working. Kacy is my baby sister-in-law, awesome aunt to Tyler and Eric, and object of Tyler's slight crush. She is tall, very cute, and plays video games. I can see why he likes her.

I need to get some exercise, so Tyler and I headed over to a local outlet mall, to walk around. We must have done three laps while Tyler pushed the stroller. I should have known it was more an exercise in telling Tyler, No, than anything. That toy store needs to go! Eric got a lot of attention from people there. One word of advice, you do not need to tell the mother of a newborn she looks tired, SHE ALREADY KNOWS SHE'S TIRED. Tell her she looks great for just having a baby, and leave it at that, it's kinder. :)

We have had an issue in the past with Tyler wanting to see PG-13 movies. Now in some ways Tyler is very mature for his age and can handle a lot. However Jason and I feel the material in many of these movies is not something Tyler needs to be exposed too yet. Public school is bad enough. We promised Tyler a reward if he didn't watch any PG-13 while he was gone for the summer. It was hard but Tyler kept his word. We are so proud that he's making good choices. For reward, Tyler was given a new watch and we took him to Dave and Busters, another corporate conspiracy. At least D&B has much better food than Chucke's, Peter Piper, and most of those.

Tyler enjoyed playing racing car games, while Jason attempted to coach him on how to win. When I say attempt, Jason tried to give good advice and Tyler wouldn't listen.

Eric did really well considering how loud the place was. He met the excitement with his usual response:


I was just happy to get home and lay down, after all, I look tired!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look awesome for just having a baby, not a bit tired! :)